Applications are invited for the position of:
CLASS 1 TEACHER
A vacancy exists for a Class One teacher from the commencement of Term 1, 2021 and we invite a suitable applicant for this ongoing position.
Nestled amongst over 25 acres of beautiful bushland in the Perth Hills, Silver Tree Steiner School provides a Steiner education from Early Childhood to Year 6 for over 200 students. Supported by a vibrant and nurturing school community, the education gives children time and space to deeply experience a creative, enriching and wonder filled learning environment. Firmly based on a respect and understanding of Rudolf Steiner’s philosophy of education and supported by the Australian Steiner Curriculum, children are guided towards becoming free thinking, socially responsible adults, who experience meaningful connections with each other and the world.Silver Tree Steiner School is an independent, coeducational and non-sectarian day school welcoming children from all backgrounds and cultures.
The successful applicant will:
- Be eligible for WA Teacher Registration
- Be a passionate and motivated teacher with a high degree of professionalism and a diverse set of skills to deliver the broad- based Steiner curriculum
- Have successful previous teaching experience in a Steiner school and a deep interest and practical understanding of Steiner pedagogy and philosophy
- Have demonstrated ability to work supportively and collaboratively as part of an enthusiastic and committed primary team
- Have a commitment to further personal and professional learning
- Have a preparedness to be fully involved in the Schools’ activities
Applicants are required to submit a Letter of Application addressing the essentials of the Position Statement and Resume, including the names and contact numbers of three referees, one of whom must be the current employer if applicable. Applicants must have current registration as a teacher with the Teacher’s Registration Board of WA and are required to submit their registration details along with a copy of their Working with Children Check.
The Position Statement can be found on the school’s website: www.silvertree.wa.edu.au
Applications close Monday 20thJuly 2020 at 9.00am.
Applications should be addressed to the Head of School, marked ‘Confidential’ and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: Donna Bieundurry – (08) 9295 4787 for enquiries.