Class 1 Teacher 2020
The Little Yarra Steiner School is a K to 12 school in the Yarra Valley. The school is seeking an experienced teacher with exemplary skills to take next year’s Class 1 through their eight-year journey.
The Class Teacher’s primary responsibility is to present the curriculum as outlined by the school. In doing so, the Class Teacher is expected to work with the school’s ethos, policies and procedures in close cooperation with their colleagues.
The Class Teacher strives to be a figure of moral authority and must be fully committed to the care and appropriate development of the children in the class for the duration of the eight-year cycle. Given the lengthy association of the Class Teacher with the families of the children in their care, it is essential that the applicant has proven ability to foster positive and professional relationships with the parent body.
Key Selection Criteria:
- An Anthroposophical understanding of child development and commitment to deepening an understanding and practice of Anthroposophy
- Thorough understanding and experience of the Steiner curriculum
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills and rapport with children
- Proven ability to differentiate instruction utilising a variety of strategies
- Ability to create and maintain a sound learning environment in the classroom
- Ability to form positive and professional relationships with the parent body
- Teacher training in Steiner Education
- VIT registration or eligibility to obtain it
This position is full-time and commences in 2020. Remuneration is in accordance with the appropriate category in the scale of the Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010 and inclusive of any above award payments being generally applied at the school.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria in their application and submit it with a copy of their resume including contact details of three referees (including at least two who have acted in a supervisory capacity) to:
Little Yarra Steiner School
PO Box 19
Yarra Junction 3797
Applications close Friday 17th August 2019.