WEST COAST STEINER SCHOOL CLASS 1 TEACHER
Commencing January 2023
At West Coast Steiner School we are committed to promoting the safety, health and wellbeing of children and young people and expect all school staff, parents, students, volunteers, and visitors to the school to share that commitment. West Coast Steiner School encourages applications from suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
West Coast Steiner School is seeking a dynamic, creative teacher to join the Primary Faculty as the Class 1 Teacher. Your role will be to take Class 1 students for their Primary School journey from 2023 onwards.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- a passion for teaching and a desire to nurture the holistic development of children
- an understanding of Steiner pedagogy and philosophy
- the ability to work collaboratively within a small team
- well-developed written and oral communication skills
- a sound understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum or the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework.
- the skills to differentiate for individual student needs
- experience in the use a range of assessment practices which align with Steiner pedagogy
- the ability to hold and manage a class with a focus on restorative practices
- artistic and musical talent or a willingness to develop these areas
- a desire to learn and grow as a teacher
You will need to support the ethos of our school and be reflective in your practice. The school will support you in your knowledge of Steiner Education and your professional development. The school uses Sounds Write, the Keeping Safe Child Protection Curriculum, restorative practices, and BrightPath. A knowledge of these would be advantageous.
West Coast Steiner School is an Independent, co-educational Primary school in a beautiful setting in the northern suburbs of Perth, approximately 15 minutes from the city and the ocean. We have approximately 160 children enrolled from Kindy 4 – Class 6 and several Playgroup sessions for children from 0-4 years.
This is a full-time position.
Written applications should consist of the following:
- A Covering Letter
- A Curriculum Vitae including:
- Places and times of employment in order from most recent to least recent.
- Names, contact email addresses and phone numbers of 3 referees, including current and most recent employers.
- An outline of qualifications including academic transcripts
- An address of the Selection Criteria (no more than 3-4 pages)
- A Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check must also be included.
- Mandatory Reporting Training is desirable
- A Current First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Applicants must be teachers who are registered or eligible for registration with the Teachers Registration Board of WA (TRBWA)
Applications should be marked ‘Confidential’ and emailed to the address below.
Jenny Dougan, Principal
Please phone Vanessa Beesley, Deputy Principal on (08) 9440 1771 if you would like to discuss the position.
The closing date for applications is Monday 25 July 5.00pm.