Class 1/2 Class Teacher, term 4, 2019 commencing Tuesday 8th October
Birali Steiner School is looking for an experienced Steiner teacher who can make a long-term commitment to our growing school.
The Birali Steiner School is a developing, innovative and vibrant Steiner School, in Beachmere just north of Brisbane on Moreton Bay. It presently operates with a Principal, Business Manager, Teachers, Teacher Aides, Specialist Support Teachers, Wellbeing Officer, and Administration Officers with approximately 70 students. The school is accredited P-10 and currently offers Preprep/Prep, Class 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6/7. In November 2018 the school moved to its permanent, 26-acre, greenfield site with the vision for a P-12 school.
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCOT)
- An understanding of the principles of Rudolf Steiner education and anthroposophy and a love for children, an enthusiasm for teaching and realistic expectations of children, self, peers and parents and a willingness to deepen this understanding through ongoing professional learning
- Teaching experience, preferably in a Steiner School Educational setting
- A willingness to work closely with each child’s parents/guardians
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability with the curriculum, the arts, numeracy and literacy and behaviour management
All applicants need to provide a professional resume, address the selection criteria and provide contact details of three referees who have worked in a supervisory capacity. Child Protection training is offered as required.
Please email: email@example.com.
Applications are due by Friday, 20th September 2019 for a start date Tuesday, 8th October 2019.
For further information please contact the principal, Chris Jack, on (07) 54290511.