Casual Support Worker- Teachers Aide
We are currently seeking a motivated, empathetic and committed individual to provide the highest quality person centred active support on a casual basis. You will have a genuine interest to assist individuals in their home and in the community, supporting their personal growth in a number of areas including lifelong learning, leisure, self-care and health and wellbeing, meal preparation and domestic assistance, whilst supporting positive interpersonal, social and community relationships supporting individuals to achieve personal fulfillment.
We are accepting applications from flexible, interested, reliable and resilient candidates, who are passionate, willing and able to mentor, inspire and support individuals.
Candidates will need to be available to work school hours.
- Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Training in learning support or in disability support such as Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma in Disabilities.
- Completion of the NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- Interest in Waldorf Pedagogy
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience supporting children with a diverse range of needs including challenging behavior and complex medical and health needs.
- Good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills with the capacity to build and maintain effective and positive working relationships.
- An in depth understanding and commitment to a person centred active support work ethic.
- Well organised with an ability to be of service, listen, and plan and coordinate individual support.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and word processing skills.
- An Australian Citizen, permanent resident or have working rights to work in Australia
If you are interested in working in a dynamic and supportive workplace that makes a positive difference in the lives of the students and families we support please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
For more information, please call 02 4954 4853