Casual Relief TEACHER 2021
This position is casual relief 2021
About Cairns Hinterland Steiner School
We are an independent school situated in Kuranda and offer education from Kindergarten to Class 10 as of 2021. We are co-educational and non-denominational school offering the nationally accredited Steiner curriculum based on the educational insights of Rudolf Steiner.
We aim to support each individual child, with an understanding of their stage in childhood development and with this understanding, we encourage each child’s unique gifts and emerging potentials to unfold in a nurturing, imaginative and guided environment. We aim to create a place where goodness, beauty and truth permeate the pedagogical, physical, and social fabric.
Cairns Hinterland Steiner School is seeking casual teachers to relieve in Classes 1 and up.
You are expected to work in close cooperation with colleagues as part of the College of Teachers and under guidance from the school’s values, policies and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across our small School using the integrated approach and curriculum of Steiner education.
The role requirements are:
- Fully registered Teacher (Queensland)
- Teach with an anthroposophical approach to each child’s developmental needs and welfare in mind
- Be committed to ongoing individual and collaborative professional development, including Steiner Education
- Strive towards a restorative approach when managing student behaviour
- Demonstrate high level written and verbal communication skills
- Be responsible for maintaining positive relationships, with colleagues, parents/guardians and participate actively in the life of the school community
- Previous experience as a Steiner Teacher is preferred
To apply, email your application to email@example.com which is to include a covering letter and your resume and relevant documentation (qualifications, registration, referees, etc).
Applications close: 5:00pm Monday 14th June 2021.