Linuwel School is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person for a temporary part-time position during Term 1 2023.
A full role description is available on request.
The role involves organising, attending and supporting camps for students in classes 1-10. This will include:
- Checking, maintaining, and ensuring safe storage of all camp equipment at school
- Maintaining an up-to-date list of camping and outdoor education equipment
- Meeting with teachers to collaborate on planning their class camp: location, accommodation, activities, transport, staffing etc
- Booking school buses, campsites or other accommodation, third party providers and manage any additional transport requirements
- Preparing the risk management plan following school policies and procedures
- Liaising with the facilities manager re maintenance of buses and trailers
- Ensuring that all camp staff are familiar with the planned routines, travel arrangements and breaks, and risk assessment
- Overseeing packing of school equipment at time of departure
- Overseeing set up of camp kitchen, assisting older students to do this
- Supporting students with camp set up as needed
- Working with the teacher(s) to run mealtimes, activities, and routines as needed depending on the age of the students
- Rostered evening and overnight supervision at times
- Overseeing refuelling and maintenance of the buses as needed while on camp.
- Appropriate qualifications and experience including LR Licence
- Demonstrated ability to provide adjustments to support all students to access the activities
- Strong interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with people of all ages
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills
- Demonstrated resilience and problem-solving skills
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please provide your resume and a letter to the Principal, Jane Greenslade, demonstrating how you meet the criteria.
Closing date – Monday 10th October