Kindlehill School offers a contemporary and innovative Steiner education from Kindergarten to Year 10 in Wentworth Falls, the Blue Mountains, NSW. We currently have 138 enrolments and have been in operation since 2000. We are renowned for providing an education that is reverent and nurturing in Kindergarten, productive and values based in Primary School, and stimulating and engaging in the junior High School where students make meaningful connections between classroom learning and the world around them.
Kindlehill is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives. Particular attention will be paid to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, as well as the safety of children with a disability.
The school is seeking a qualified and dedicated person to undertake the full-time role of Business Manager beginning in 2020. Reporting directly to the Principal, the Business Manager will be responsible for supporting the school ethos while effectively leading all financial and business operations. The role is supported by two administration staff (1.6 FTE), an external bookkeeper and external IT support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Financial management of school
- Strategic planning of finances
- Financial control
- Financial management of capital works
- Risk management
- Management of school administration office
- Liaison with regulatory bodies
- Human resources and industrial matters
- Developing and overseeing implementation of the Marketing Plan
- Financial management of school community initiatives
- Company Secretary
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Finance and/or Financial Administration
- A high level of skill in Microsoft Office 365, especially Excel where the requirement is for a very high level of skill
- Ability to manage staff and delegate effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective use of MS Teams and MS Planner
- A good understanding of MS Access or a willingness to learn
- Effectively manage email (MS Outlook)
- Proven effectiveness as both a leader and a supervisor
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and collegially in a team environment
- Previous experience in school environment or similar role
The role description for this position will be provided on request to the Principal Lynn Daniel. firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration will be set at an appropriate level commensurate with qualifications and experience and would attract superannuation at the statutory rate. The position includes five weeks annual leave.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants are asked to include a covering letter clearly addressing how they meet the key criteria listed above. Please include a curriculum vitae and details of three confidential referees (including at least two recent referees who have worked in a supervisory capacity). Applications should be sent to email@example.com by close of business Friday 20th December, 2019.