Little Yarra Steiner School in the picturesque Yarra Valley is looking for a Business Manager to oversee the administration, projects and finances of the School. This is a key leadership position in the school, with the expectation that the incumbent attend Management Group and Board of Directors meetings.
Key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- oversee the School’s administration, maintenance, finance, property and IT programs and systems
- recruitment, training and management of the administration and maintenance teams
- oversee HR and payroll processes
- manage Occupational Health and Safety;
- manage WorkCover and insurance claims, including acting as the school’s Return to Work coordinator
- review, update and implement strategic and business plans
- manage parent invoices and payment;
- manage the school’s debt collection processes
- financial planning, budgeting and reporting;
- marketing and promotion of the school;
- oversee capital projects, asset replacement and maintenance;
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to manage the finances and projects of a school
- Commitment to high professional standards and relationships
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage staff
- Relevant qualifications (degree level or higher)
- Several years’ relevant experience
- Ability to form constructive and respectful relationships with parents
- Able to hold the big picture as well as attention to detail
Desirable skills, knowledge and traits
- Highly motivated and focused personality
- Well developed IT and computer skills
- Appreciation and understanding of Steiner education.
This position is full time, commencing with a suitable handover period in late 2021 in preparation for the start of 2022.
Applicants must address Key Selection Criteria in their application and submit it with a copy of their resume including contact details of three referees (including their last two employers) to:
Little Yarra Steiner School
A position description is available on request.
Applications close 13 August 2021.