Bookkeeper and HR Position
(Part-Time 0.8 FTE – 1 year Maternity Leave cover with the possibility of future work) Commencing ASAP
“At Perth Waldorf School we are committed to promoting the safety, health and wellbeing of children and young people and expect all school staff, parents, students, volunteers and visitors to the school to share that commitment.”
About the role: The ideal candidate will be an energetic and eager individual to join the Finance Department. The position offered is 0.8 FTE. The hours are 8.00am to 4pm, including school holidays.
The ideal candidate will be someone who takes initiative, who is responsible for a wide range of Finance duties including support to School Finance Coordinator and Business Coordinator, correspondence and general office duties as well as Reception cover at times.
- Bookkeeping qualification
- Payroll qualification and/or experience
- Accuracy in data entry
- A passion for numbers
- Experience in accounts payable and receivable
- Support the HR functions of the School especially in relation to compliance, processing and maintaining accurate records
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Word and Excel
- Extreme flexibility and be a team player
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Be reliable and the willingness to learn
- Positive confident attitude
- Working with Children Check or a willingness to apply
- Knowledge of school software (MAZE – Civica and SAGE Micropay)
- Possess a current C class driver’s license
A Job Description can be found on our website www.pws.wa.edu.au
Where: The school is located in a bushland setting in the southern suburbs of Perth, Australia (approx. 20 minutes from the CBD). Nearby is the popular and cosmopolitan town of Fremantle and the school is only 15 minutes from the coast. We provide a full Steiner curriculum from Playgroup to Class 12. We also have a separate campus being developed for Class 7 to 12 in Parkerville.
This position will be subject to a three-month review and a six-month probation period.
Written applications, including a CV, a one-page cover letter and three referees, should be marked ‘Private & Confidential’ and forwarded to:
The Administrator, Perth Waldorf School, PO Box 1247, Bibra Lake WA 6965
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9:00am on Monday 27th June 2022.