Before/After School Care Educator
Orana Steiner School (Orana) is an independent, co-educational and non-denominational school set in 13 hectares of unique, natural landscape in Weston, ACT.
Orana Steiner School is seeking a Diploma qualified/qualifying Before-After School Care Educator to support the Director in delivering the educational and pastoral care for Pre-school children through to upper-Primary aged students. The possibility of an ongoing appointment may be considered for the right applicant.
This includes but is not limited to preparation of activities and duties such as afternoon tea preparation, cleaning, gardening and the supervision of children both inside the room as well as outside in the playgrounds. This role fosters the developmental needs of children according to the principles of Steiner education.
This position offers the possibility of an immediate start with flexible shifts operating from approximately 7-9am and 2.30-5.30pm, Monday through Friday during the school terms.
- Ability to work with the Steiner philosophy and practices relating to child development
- The ability to provide an appropriate role model for the children and have a strong commitment to and an understanding of duty of care
- The ability to work in a professional and collegial manner with fellow staff
- The ability to plan and work in an organized manner and to self-reflect on professional practices
- Committed to ongoing individual and collaborative professional development
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to support professional relationships with the parents
- The ability to work under direction and to be punctual, flexible and calm
- The ability to practice an appropriate standard of hygienic and safe food handling and maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment.
Minimum qualifications required:
- Diploma of Children’s Services (or in progress)
- Currently hold or be eligible for ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration
- First Aid qualification/s desirable
Apply in writing by emailing your application to email@example.com.
The application document should include current resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria. Please ensure your application details your full qualifications, registrations, experience and your referees.
Applications close on Monday 18 February 2019.