Assistant to the Prep Teacher
Part Time – 30 hours/week
Sophia Mundi Steiner School is an independent Steiner school and a vibrant member of the Abbotsford Convent community. Our school is uniquely situated – adjacent to the Collingwood Children’s Farm, on the banks of the Yarra River and less than four kilometres from the city centre.
We are seeking applicants for the position of Assistant to the Prep Teacher. This part-time position working 30 hours, across 5 days per week (during term) will commence at the start of Term 1, 2023.
We are looking for an efficient, capable and creative person who is happy to take a quiet, background and vital supporting role in the class. Familiarity with Steiner education, particularly early childhood education will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be quick, efficient and organized in the ‘house-keeping’ tasks
- Have a sensitive awareness to the children
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Have a current Working with Children Check
- Have a current Provide First Aid certificate and Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training
- Certificate 3 in Early Childhood is required for this role (or willingness to take this training).
- Food Handling Certificate and Level 2 & Apply First Aid are required for the position.
- Ordering and purchase of food and preparation of meals
- Daily maintenance of order and cleanliness in the Prep room
- Some assistance in work with the children
- Daily pack up of outside play area
- General support of and communication with teacher
Please email applications to the HR Manager, Dilys Hannaford (email@example.com )
Applications close Friday, 2 December 2022