Assistant Principal – Secondary
This is a full-time,
fixed-term position from July 2023 – June 2024
Sophia Mundi Steiner School is seeking an experienced, visionary educator with a breadth of curriculum knowledge and proven leadership skills to oversee the smooth and efficient function of our Secondary School.
Sophia Mundi is an independent Steiner school offering an enriching educational pathway from Early Childhood to Senior Secondary. We offer the Steiner curriculum from Prep to Year 10 and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) for Years 11 and 12. The school is situated within the Abbotsford Convent, an extraordinary Arts and cultural precinct 4 kilometres from Melbourne’s CBD.
The Assistant Principal works closely with the Principal, IB Co-ordinator and Management Group in creating and maintaining the culture, well-being and smooth functioning of the school. This key leadership role will have a focus on curriculum delivery across the Middle School and IB classes. The position demands excellent communication skills with colleagues, parents and students.
This position requires enthusiasm for collaborative working, along with strong administrative and organisational skills. Familiarity with Steiner education and/or the International Baccalaureate would be well regarded.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Oversee the teaching and learning across the Secondary School
- Work with the teachers in leading good teaching practice through mentoring and professional development.
- Oversee timely delivery and quality of all required documentation in relation to assessments and reporting from the teaching staff.
- Build a safe learning environment across the Secondary School.
- Monitor student behaviour and supervise the Behaviour Management process.
- Be involved in the interview process of new students and teachers.
- Oversee all administrative processes and duties in relation to the Secondary school.
- Be involved in the construction of the timetable, ensuring adequate balance of the subjects.
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply to the Principal with a letter of interest, resume and brief biography. The position description is available on the SM website.
Sophia Mundi upholds the Child Safe Standards and is committed to the care, safety and protection of all children attending the school. Our School is a place where children are nurtured and supported so that they can develop their latent capacities and grow into well-rounded human beings.
Applications close 9am – Monday, 12 June 2023