Assistant and Cook Position
Little Sophia is an independent not for profit and accredited Rudolf Steiner Long Day Care Kindergarten located in inner-city Melbourne
Little Sophia Kindergarten is excited to announce an opening for a Certificate lll Qualified Assistant for our 3-5yr Kindergarten. This position will work within the room amongst our Kindergarten staff each afternoon and prepare and cook wholesome meals for our Kindergarten each morning.
Little Sophia is a not-for-profit, inner city Steiner long day kindergarten. In 2018 we achieved an Exceeding rating in all 7 areas of the National Quality Frame Work by the Department of Education and Training.
We are located close to the historic Abbotsford Convent Arts precinct, Sophia Mundi Steiner School and Collingwood College. Little Sophia has been part of this Community for 25 years.
We offer playgroup and two Steiner Association approved all-day kindergarten/childcare programs, catering for 19 in each room each day. The quality and depth of our experience is demonstrated by the care and love our community of educators, office staff and families bring to our kindergarten and the warmth and joy they take home.
The successful applicant will be required to have experience in
- Steiner Early Childhood Education;
- a Certificate III in Children’s Services (equivalent or above), or be working towards this qualification,
- an Employment Working with Children Check;
- First Aid Certificates for working in an education & care setting.
- Food Safety certificates for:
- HLTFSE001 Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTFSE005 Apply and monitor food safety requirements
- HLTFSE007 Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace
The position is part time, 5 days per week (30 hours).
Application Closing Date: Thursday June 27, 2019
Please contact Ilana for a full job description and to apply for this position:
35-37 Abbotsford St, Abbotsford, Vic, 3067
(03) 9417 2537 email@example.com