Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Appointment in line with Independent Schools NSW (Support and Operational Staff) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021, remuneration will be above agreement
- Join a dynamic organisation dedicated to advancing the delivery of high-quality Steiner education
- Competitive salary package and salary packaging options available
- Situated in a beautiful natural setting just inland from the Byron Shire coastline
Shearwater is seeking a strategic Accountant to lead and manage the School’s finance team and co-ordinate the financial functions. The Accountant will manage a team of Transaction Services staff to ensure the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of the School’s billing and payment transaction cycles. Along with the Business Manager, this role will lift the capability and capacity of the Financial Operations team through strong teamwork and driving continuous improvement in school business process design.
Specifically, the Accountant will:
- Manage and influence the accounts receivable, accounts payable, and expense management functions
- Provide internal & external stakeholders with operational and procedural support
- Manage end of period close processes, ensuring external audit and risk compliance
- Contribute to improved efficiencies and best practice business processes
- Monitor the integrity and accuracy of interfaces between billing, payment and expense systems
The ideal candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of financial systems and procedures and strong management and communication skills. With a qualification in accounting, or an equivalent combinations of qualifications and relevant work experience, you must demonstrate:
- Experience within a medium size organisation with confidence and ability to manage and coach a team
- Proficiency in enterprise financial systems, transactional banking systems and business process innovation and efficient practises
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships and become a reliable advisor to internal and external stakeholders
- Influencing skills to support the delivery of finance operations and process improvement initiatives within a complex environment
For the full Position Description, please refer to our website https://www.shearwater.nsw.edu.au/working-at-shearwater.html
Applications will be assessed as they come in, which may result in an appointment being made sooner, but at the latest, applications will close at 9am on Tuesday 21 March 2023
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check as required under the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012.
About Shearwater School
Shearwater, the Mullumbimby Steiner School is nestled among the green hills of the Byron Shire hinterland, New South Wales. Established in 1993, Shearwater has grown to a Playgroup – Year 12 school, with a potential enrolment of over 700. Our beautiful 52-acre site sits in lush rainforest alongside farmland with gardens and a farm working by biodynamic practices. Shearwater offers quality staff education including a mentorship program, ongoing professional development opportunities, artistic activities, workshops, events, and courses.
Shearwater provides a living, integrated education inspired by anthroposophy, in which a focus on the development of the whole human being is supported by a conscious connection to place and time.
Shearwater nurtures the growth of warm-hearted, creative, resilient and courageous individuals who are able to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world through love in action.
At the latest, applications will close at 9.00am on Tuesday 21 March 2023 and should be addressed to:
Shannon Wilson, HR Manager
Shearwater, the Mullumbimby Steiner School
349 Left Bank Road Mullumbimby, NSW, 2482
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should include the following:
- A covering letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and other relevant documentation that clearly outlines your suitability to the role, in line with the selection criteria and position description.
- Your contact details, including mobile phone number and email address.
- Names, titles, and contact details of three (3) professional referees. Please note that referees will not be contacted prior to the interview.