2022 Learning Support Coordinator (Primary School K-6)
Orana Steiner School (Orana) is an independent, co-educational and non-denominational school set in 16 hectares of unique, natural landscape in Weston, an inner south suburb of Canberra. The school was founded in 1981 and currently has enrolments from pre-preschool to Year 12.
Our educational philosophy focuses on the growth and development of the whole child. Our students are provided with an age-appropriate curriculum that meets their developmental needs. As well as providing a stimulating environment for the study of a broad range of subjects, we strive to nourish the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual development of our students.
Learning Support Model at Orana
At Orana, student diversity is recognized and valued through a curriculum that is responsive to the developmental phases of childhood and encourages creativity and free-thinking and by fostering inclusive learning environments.
The key aim of the Learning Support model at Orana is to provide an approach to meeting the diversity of student needs in classes that is inclusive, effective and efficient.
Collaboration between Student Support Staff, Teachers including Specialist Teachers, and Parents is an essential element of such an approach.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Learning Support Coordinator to lead a small team which is dedicated to provide a collaborative approach to meeting the diversity of student needs in our Primary School classes.
This is a Permanent Full-time position commencing in Term 1 2022. The role will include FTE 0.5 for teaching duties and FTE 0.5 for coordinating learning support in the primary school K-6.
Experience in Steiner education is not essential however a genuine interest and willingness to undertake professional learning in Steiner education is important for your success in the role.
- Formal teaching qualifications. Special Education qualifications will be highly desirable.
- Significant experience in learning support in primary school, preferably across a range of classes.
- Current ACT TQI Registered or eligible for the ACT TQI registration.
- Current or eligible for ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting Orana’s ethos.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to the Steiner curriculum.
- Commitment to further personal development through anthroposophical study and artistic activity.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of pedagogy and issues around the many learning styles that students require to reach their potential.
- Understanding of issues relevant to development of the child in the primary years.
- Strategies for improving the learning outcomes of students across a range of classes.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills of high standard.
- Positive attitude towards children and a love of teaching.
Our Recruitment Process
- If you’re interested in this role, please email an up-to-date copy of your CV with a one-page Cover Letter to: email@example.com. Please ensure your resume covers the following: education and qualifications; registrations; teaching experience; skills, achievements and awards; and the contact details for three referees.
- Applications close at 9am Monday 11th October, 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates for interview will be notified by Human Resources in the week beginning 11th October.
- Interviews will be conducted by the Head of Primary School and the Primary School Coordinator as soon after that as possible
- An appointment will be made by Friday 22 October.
For further information, please email Charmaine Rye (Deputy Principal / Head of Primary School) Charmaine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Orana’s website https://www.oranaschool.com for further details about our school and philosophy.