The Complete Leader
Leading with wisdom, compassion and integrity
A comprehensive foundation course in leadership for heads of school, administrators, college members, faculty heads, teachers, board members and parents
Steiner schools and other initiatives for cultural renewal are faced with key leadership challenges in our time. Amongst these are the following:
- How to create the organisational environment and ‘social architecture’ for the creative human spirit to flourish and for people to make meaningful and fulfilling contributions to the organisation;
- How to create an energised and purposeful workplace based on communal support and ongoing renewal;
- How to establish an effective leadership form and style, whether principal-led or based on collegial self-management;
- How to develop future leaders.
The Complete Leader program is a journey of discovery and growth, with the focus on leadership as it relates to self-development, interpersonal skills, team development, and organisation development. Through a range of engaging activities and interactive exercises the program demystifies leadership and enables participants to build a repertoire of transformational leadership insights and skills. A comprehensive Workbook will be provided.
Program structure and outline
The program will be run over one year, comprising four 3-day workshops, one per quarter. Participants will be expected to commit to attending all four workshops. Key topics that will be addressed include:
- New, enlivened leadership perspectives
- The planetary model
- Group dynamics and interpersonal skills
- Creative cooperation in a team
- Building the social fabric of the organisation
- Inter-group collaboration
- Understanding organisation culture
- Organisation diagnosis and development
- Power and ethics in organisations
- Leading change – strategic, operational and cultural
- Freedom and trust: The Mandate Organisation
- Personal development: The inner path of the leader
David Liknaitzky has 30 years’ experience as an independent organisation development consultant, based on an anthroposophical foundation. He runs spiritatwork, a consultancy that empowers leaders to think creatively and strategically about leadership and organisation development, and to build ethical and collaborative workplaces. David has had a long-standing involvement with the Steiner school movement in Australia and other parts of the world.
David has a Master of Arts in Professional and Applied Ethics and is currently completing a PhD at the University of Melbourne, focusing on leadership based on individual freedom and inter-personal trust. He is a Professional Support Panel Member of Steiner Education Australia.
Registering for the program in 2020
|Venue||1st workshop||2nd workshop||3rd workshop||4th workshop|
|Melbourne – Sophia Mundi Steiner School||20 – 22 January||7 – 9 April||1 – 3 July||28 – 30 September|
|Cost of the program per person: $2000 + GST $200 = $2200 total. Teas will be provided; Self-funded lunches at local eateries. A deposit of 20% ($440) is required to secure a place; The balance to be paid 3-weeks prior to the first workshop.|
Contact David Liknaitzky now to receive a registration form and to book your place on the program.
Mobile: 0415 529 120