Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar
Courses for everyone: full-time and part-time, on campus and online.
“Our vision is to support healthy human development through education based upon anthroposophical insights, as a way of contributing to ethical social renewal and a sustainable future. The practical expression of this vision will be brought through providing teacher development in Waldorf/Steiner education, and by growing a rich cultural community life out of anthroposophical initiatives.”
The Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar offers courses for adults based upon the work of Rudolf Steiner. We offer a full-time accredited undergraduate qualification in Steiner Teacher Education, part-time professional development for teachers working in both mainstream and Steiner educational settings, in Rudolf Steiner Early Childhood, Primary and High School, together with on-campus arts courses.
Our staff are highly experienced Steiner/Waldorf Teachers, who present regularly at conferences around Australia and in South Asia. The Seminar is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#3948 CRICOS# 01812M) approved to deliver courses to both local and international students. It is also a member of ITECA, the Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia (member 182002). We have been conducting courses for 50 years for local and international students and we are a member of Steiner Education Australia, the peak body for Steiner Education.
Full time Steiner Teacher Education on campus: Advanced Diploma Rudolf Steiner Education.
- Full-time accredited qualification face-to-face on campus Advanced Diploma Rudolf Steiner Ed
- This is a nationally recognised qualification course with a pathway to a Bachelor of Education at Charles Darwin University or the Australian Catholic University. It is the only undergraduate course in Steiner Education available in Australia, and is offered uniquely at the Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar. By taking the pathway to university, the graduate can become a qualified teacher, registered to teach in both Steiner and mainstream educational settings.
- VET Student Loans and Austudy available to eligible students.
- Everything you need to know about the Advanced Diploma Rudolf Steiner Education Course Guide including Faculty, fees, practical details, unit summaries: click here to download.
- 2 Years face to face on campus, four terms per year, 8.30 am-4.00 pm from Tuesday to Friday.
- 3 x Professional Experience Practicum blocks of total 40 days in Steiner Schools under the supervision of an experienced Steiner Teacher (4 days a week for each of these Practicums).
Part-time online Professional Development courses:
- Early Childhood Rudolf Steiner Education (1 year, Wednesday evenings 7.00-9.15 pm)
- Primary Class Teacher Steiner Education (2 years, Tuesday evenings, 7.00-9.15 pm)
- High School Teacher PD (2 terms, Wednesday evenings 7.00-9.15 pm)
- Harmonising Trauma through Arts and Movement (2 terms, Tuesday evenings, 7.00-9.15pm)
Short courses on campus; and customised Professional Development presented on site at individual schools.
- Arts for Meaning and Connection (Sculpture, Painting/Drawing, Creative writing, Basketry): 1 year, Saturday mornings 9.30-12.00 pm.
- Simple wood carving, 1 term, Saturday afternoons
- Wood bowl carving, 1 term, Saturday afternoons. (check website updates)
- Steiner High School Teacher Intensive, January 17-21st, 2021 on campus. (see website updates)
- Professional Development for Steiner Schools by request: the Seminar attends schools to provide dedicated PD on specific areas.
We welcome local and international enquiries.
The Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar is located at:
Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar Ltd
37a Wellington Park Drive
Warranwood, Vic., 3134
Tel.: +61 3 9876 5199
Fax: +61 3 9876 7984